Translate

Friday, December 23, 2016

A CHRISTMAS HUMANIZED IN FOUNDATION EMBROIDERED BY HAND. Olga Lucia Álvarez Benjumea ARCWP

Logo-en-espac3b1ol

It is not easy to celebrate Christmas, in a context of dehumanizing modernity. We come from another social environment. Others are the stories that have been heard, the situation of the families of the women present with their daughters ... deprived of freedom or recently recovered.
"My husband is in jail, they gave him 18 months, but it takes 20 and the judges, on vacation ..."
"Her father ... they killed him.
"My son was killed ..."
"My daughter is in jail, she was the one who told me about coming to the Foundation." These are your little children ... "
"I just got out of jail, these are my children ..."
"My granddaughter is in jail, they with their children. At my age nobody gives me work ... except for the Foundation ... "
"My husband, harassed by the threats, was poisoned, took my sick son and now I take care of the 2 children of my daughter, who with the situation went crazy"
How different Christmas is celebrated, compared to those who have it all! It is true! I began to write with pessimism and pain. But, keeping that burden of suffering, I see that Christmas has a very different meaning among the most needy. Here is broken with the celebration of consumerism and paganism.
There is no Christmas tree, there is no "Santa Claus", no images of crib, no snow flakes simulating snow, that there is not here. There are no lights, no colored balls. There are no toys of great value, nor the latest shout of fashion in clothes. There are no cell phones, no tables, no motorcycles, no drones, no dolls, no battery chargers. For each family, each group enjoyed what they received. See that joy, that satisfaction of the mother who chooses the dress of her children. See the children's face. Share the custard (typical Christmas dish) That made me understand what Christmas is! They are two very different celebrations!
They were the manger, they were the colored lights, illuminating their faces of happiness! These if they were celebrating the birthday of the humanized Divinity.
The team of volunteers preparing the Custard.
The team of volunteers preparing the Custard.
Img-20161222-wa0010





Commenting on Jesus-Child's birthday and Christmas.
Elena and I, commenting on Jesus-Child's birthday and Christmas.
Emanuel looks pleased at his new Christmas clothes.
Emmanuel looks pleased his new Christmas clothes, seems to give thanks to the Divinity!
For little Mildre, sister of Emanuel, there is also a beautiful dress there.
For little Mildre, sister of Emanuel, there is also a beautiful dress there.
Mildre is happy with her Christmas.  It seems to say is what I want, it is what I need.
Mildre is happy, same, her mom, her little faces, you can not hide them this Christmas.
My grandmother and my sister, looking at my toy
My grandmother and my sister, looking at my toy.
There are also Christmas candies ...
There are also Christmas candies ...
Elena and Mary, delivering the Christmas presents to the children.
Elena and Mary, delivering the Christmas presents to the children.
Elena is about to hand out the presents.  Kevin is watching ...
Elena is about to hand out the presents. Kevin is watching ...
We are happy, we are Christmas.
We are happy, we are Christmas.
In the distribution of the typical dish of Christmas.
In the distribution of the typical dish of Christmas.
And the custard, how delicious!
And the custard, how delicious!
Consuelo is happy because she has Christmas too!
Consuelo is happy because she has Christmas too!
Img_1139
This Christmas, we have been able to find that Divinity made humanity, in these grandmothers, mothers and children. It is to feel the tenderness of God, through Dr. Diana, his family, our volunteer partners, Nayive and his family, Olga, Amparo, Gloria, Mary, Margarita, Luisa, Yorlady, Julio, Adriana and:
Img_1128
Img_1130
All and all, a lot we have learned in the Foundation, in its 6 years existence. We announce the presence of God in the history of each family. It is to see the rebellion of an entire God who leaves his Heaven, trying his luck among the most unprotected women. We become accomplices of such a celestial coming.
In the midst of his Love and Tenderness, we vibrate living his rebellion in search and construction of Peace, learning to be more human, since that is his Divine lesson!
"Do this in remembrance of Me."
* Roman Catholic presbyter.

My little burrito sabanero, Christmas carol - YouTube

20 dec. 2011 - Uploaded by Traposo TV
My sabanero burrito, Carol to congratulate the parties, is one of the traditional Christmas songs ...

No comments: